Thank you for your interest in commissioning me to create a work of art for you!
I'm always happy to accept commissions as my schedule allows. Just get in touch with me and I'll let you know a timeframe for scheduling your piece.
Commission Themes and Subject Matter
- It should go without saying that you would like to commission me because you want a work in my style of art.
- With this in mind it's important to understand that I am NOT able to accept commissions of any of the following; family portraits, pet portraits, your children, landscapes or cars - there are many other artists who specialize in this type of work, and it's best if you contact them for your piece.
- I'm open to considering "stylized" portraits - done in my signature style, but only at my own discretion. It's best to take a good look through my portfolio to see if you think my style and your vision will be a good match.
- If you think so, please contact me directly if you would like me to review your commission proposal.
I currently offer the following basic types of commissions:
Mixed Media Traditional/Digital Illustrations:
- $550.00 USD flat fee.
- This includes up to 3 preliminary sketches, one of which you will select for approval.
- I will then complete the final illustration using traditional/digital mixed media and you will receive a signed 11"x14" giclee archival print of the piece.
- You can also upgrade this to a print of larger size for an additional fee.
- Additional prints of the piece can also be ordered.
- This also includes up to 3 preliminary sketches, one of which you will approve before I begin the final painting.
- My paintings can be done using coloured inks, watercolour or acrylic paint.
- I'll give special consideration to requests for oil paintings. These oils works will be custom priced - just contact me for a quote.
- Original paintings do not include framing.
- The price list for original paintings can be found further down this page.
- The original painting will ideally be on 300gsm hot pressed paper and shipped to you rolled in a tube OR
- if preferred, the artwork can be on illustration board, shipped flat
- If you'd like the work on a different medium - different paper type, wood or canvas for example, be sure to let me know. A price will be customised to your needs.
- A great deal of my work is done using nibs and ink, combining graphite and charcoal.
- These works are extremely detailled and time consuming.
- As such the pricing for these works is the same as for my painted works unless larger or smaller sizes are required.
- Contact me for a custom quote on commissioned ink drawings.
Custom Design Work and Illustration:
- I also accept commissions for tattoo design, book illustration, tee and phone/tablet cases etc.
- For a custom illustration/design quote please contact me via my contact page.
A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required before final artwork commences.
- I'm happy to accept payment in multiple installments, however payment in full is required before I ship the final work.
- Payment plan payments are NON-REFUNDABLE as they ensure that I am compensated for the work hours that I devote to your project.
- Should you choose to cancel the project before it's completion no refunds will be given.
Once I, the artist, and you, the collector, agree to begin the commission process, you are required to sign a contract agreement outlining our mutual terms.
To request a commission or quote, please contact me via my contact page, or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org